SECTION 3: The state of media economy
- Economic landscape of media industry
- Impact of Covid-19 on media resilience and sustainability
- Government and private advertising for media industry
- Advertising sector and its interface with media industry
- Business viability and sustainability of media
- Wages, salaries and arrears of journalists and media practitioners
Date: August 7, 2020 – Source: The News
Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Senator Shibli Faraz said the government was aware of the problems faced by the media industry and was working to resolve them. He also noted that advertising dues were being paid on priority basis.
Date: August 13, 2020 – Source: Dawn
The reporters covering the National Assembly proceedings staged a walkout from the press gallery over non-payment of salaries to the workers by various media houses despite receiving outstanding dues from the federal government.